Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: 1976 vintage Ampeg SVT
£1450

boroman

[color=#ff0000][b]SOLD!!![/b][/color]

[size=3][font=Arial][color=#000000]I have for sale Ampeg SVT head from 1976 (transformer codes dates 35th week of 1976). 300W all-tube construction, the "holy grail" of bass amps. Two channels (linkable), Can work with 2ohm or 4 ohm cabs (or two 4ohm cabs at one time). [/color][/font]

[font=Arial][color=#000000]I[/color][/font][color=#000000][font=Arial]t just came back from my tech - cleaned inside + all electronic parts, pots, resistors, capacitors, switches checked (and replaced if needed). Original fan was replaced too - old one is working but it was very noisy - I will include it if you want. New one isn't super quiet but specs like original (Whisper/Sunon). Tubes are mixed NOS (GE, RCA, etc) and current production - they have been also checked, matched and biased. It works on european voltage 220-240V and has new heavy-duty EU power plug.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]The amp is ready to rock another years. Sounds phenomenal. I had four vintage SVTs over the years, the 1973, 1975, 1976 (this) and 1981. Every amp sounded a little different. For example my 73 was super linear almost hi-fi, the MTI era (1981) was little more dirty (a "punk rock" amp_, and this one, the 1976 is something between with "vintage" bump in the mids.[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]This is not "sold as is" - this is WORKING amp ready for gigging or the studio work. I recently recorded album with this one an it was released by Sony Music this fall. [/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]Payment by PayPal or bank transfer (fees at your side).[/font][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]FREE COURIER SHIPPING TO EUROPEAN UNION (3-4 DAYS DELIVERY)[/font][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Times][font=Arial]FLIGHT CASE INCLUDED [/font][font=Arial]not that one on the photos but similar[/font][/font][/color]

[font=Arial][color=#000000]** I'm looking also for trade, especially 60s Gibson EB2, vintage precision/telecaster basses (not in natural color), custom shop precision/jazz/telecaster basses, maybe Matamp GT200, Orange/Matam OR200, vintage Ampeg B15, NASH precision basses... please drop me PM, maybe we can trade.[/color][/font][/size]

Edited by boroman

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got a link to the album? Seeing as you've got a high quality recording of the amp in action, seems a shame not to share it.

Can't afford to buy it BTW but it may help with the sale if people can hear it.

• 1 month later...