Why become a member? ×

Decisions, decisions

JTUK

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1449589668' post='2924923']
do bass gear have anything JT? I wouldn't mind another trip up there to try the TKS H115
[/quote]

I'll write to them, Mart and yes, I'm up for a visit again. Just say when.

The H115 is NEO...my S112's are ceramics and 10kgs... however I don't think
anyone will notice another 5kgs... and a lot of 112 NEO's are around 31lbs give or take.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1449591822' post='2924961']
Agree about Deluxe Fenders, quite surprised to see one on your list JT. Sounds like you've got a touch of GAS that needs putting out quick, put a deposit on something decent. Looks like WoT's new squeezes are getting the nod, and you can get your spec and not Fender's?
[/quote]

I guess I figure that is what £1k gets you... and I know they don't come anywhere near close
to a Sei, but then they aren't Sei money.
I've tried a Am Del and it was ok...but I knew I wouldn't be knocked out by it and wasn't...
but not totally offended.
I can't comment on a Jake, of course, so that isn't directed at them.. but I'm wary enough to
want to have to see one.

Yep..I guess I want another bass over needing one.
I think I'll just MTFU and put the deposit down ...and keep what I've got
for 14 months..:lol: they are both lovely basses..I'm just in need of a change :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Narrowing this down for a decision in the New Year.

I'm think the only way I get exactly what I want is a commission..but that has a 14 months wait....downside..!!
It is also quite good to find something new so I'm keeping options open for a few weeks.

I will extend my search to a Fender Custom Shop 5st.but need to know about things like bridging spacing, and nut width.
I'd prefer a P-Bass type neck to keep the strings as straight into the Machine heads as possible.
Not a total deal breaker but ???

Anyone know anything about Custom shop dimensions.
I'm assuming Custom shop means a degree of Custom in this regard, but ..???

I dont know if you have already seen it but there is a nice looking used CS Jazz V at Bass Direct. I presume like most Fenders it has 18.5 or 19mm string spacing. The nut looks fairly wide but I am sure they could measure it for you.

If I had some spare cash I would be giving it a test drive, im desperate for a good active 5 string.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Overwater yet?

Build quality equal to SEI but with a shorter leadtime and all the options you could want.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JPJ/media/OverwaterJ52.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/JPJ/OverwaterJ52.jpg[/IMG][/URL]