Why become a member? ×

MM Status Stingray 4

stingrayfan

Gave this a blast at a pub gig last night. Neck's really fast and smooth, which is great. Sounded good, with nice sustain and plenty of power. Thought it maybe sounded at bit harsh at home but sits nicer with a drummer - totally different sound when up loud. But that's a SR thing, I think. They're not very good "bedroom basses" but plugged through an amp in anger, they do the job brilliantly. Looks the mutts on stage too, really stealth. Bloke in the pub said to me in the break: "like your Stingray mate..." :)

This post is dedicated to Marcus, who's GASsing for one of these really badly. :huh:

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='288417' date='Sep 21 2008, 10:44 AM']Gave this a blast at a pub gig last night. Neck's really fast and smooth, which is great. Sounded good, with nice sustain and plenty of power. Thought it maybe sounded at bit harsh at home but sits nicer with a drummer - totally different sound when up loud. But that's a SR thing, I think. They're not very good "bedroom basses" but plugged through an amp in anger, they do the job brilliantly. Looks the mutts on stage too, really stealth. Bloke in the pub said to me in the break: "like your Stingray mate..." :)

This post is dedicated to Marcus, who's GASsing for one of these really badly. :huh:[/quote]

Yeah thanks mate....... that's helped a lot :huh: :huh:

[quote name='Merton' post='282373' date='Sep 12 2008, 09:33 AM']Gorgeous! Looks like the 'Ray version of my Retroactive... :) Bring it to the bash, oh yes, must have a spank on that :huh:[/quote]
+1

We won't let you in without it Matt! And I don't even like graphite necks on basses.. Looks amazing!

• 2 weeks later...