Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha TRB 5 II 1993 Made in Japan - £475
£475

mrtcat

For sale is my lovely Yamaha TRB 5 II from 1998. I believe the colour is called Sunburst but it's a very gentle fade over really nicely grained wood.

It is a brilliant bass that is super versatile and for a 17yr old instrument it is in fantastic condition. 100% original. The build quality is as good as you'll find and the neck is a beauty.

It has two Yamaha soapbar pickups and an active 3 band eq.

Weight is 4.6 kg

Nut width is 43mm

String spacing at the bridge is 18mm

There are three dings. 1st is on the front just below the pickup blend knob (to the right of the knob in the 2nd pic as the bass is upright). This is the largest (about 13mm long and 1.5mm wide) but is quite hard to see as it is in the clear lacquer not the wood. The 2nd is tiny (3mm x 1.5mm) also on the front above the pickups but is only really noticeable to touch unless you are really (and I mean really) looking for it. The last is on the top edge (4mm x 2mm) and barely noticeable. All are pictured as best I can manage. The gold hardware has signs of ageing (lost a little shine in places) but its 17 yrs old.

What more can I say. It's basically a really high class 5 string that sounds beautiful, plays great (the action goes really low if you want) and looks the business. It has been well looked after from new and will hold it's own with basses 4 times the price.

[attachment=204852:DSC_0194.JPG] [attachment=204853:DSC_0195.JPG] [attachment=204854:DSC_0196.JPG] [attachment=204855:DSC_0197.JPG] [attachment=204856:DSC_0198.JPG] [attachment=204857:DSC_0199.JPG]

Edited by mrtcat

I just checked Yamaha serial number system which is a little bit tricky. Not sure but your serial number referes to 1998. Your serial number is 8FX2062 = 8 goes for 1998, F is internal code, X goes for October, and 2062 is item number. Sorry if I am wrong. Another important thing to mention is that the scale is 35. Anyway, for this money you will hardly find a better bass. Especially, she sounds very well when playing together with your band. Good luck with the sale. Vilem.

Edited by william64

these basses are superb.

i have owned the TRB5 with the slap cutaway and the TRB 6 II and they would keep up with most high end basses for build and sound. those Yamaha pickups are seriously good..they are clean, articulate, but dig in and get a growl. The TRB5's, are such well put together instruments imo.

Edited by bubinga5

Thanks for the info William64. I had taken the previous owners word for it that it was from 1993 - he was quite elderly to be fair but seemed switched on.

Lots of interest in this one and it looks like I have a buyer for it now in Brother Jones but will update if that doesn't work out.

This is still for sale as I've had no further comms from Brother Jones. Happy to post within the UK at buyers expense - there's no case but I do have a proper bass shaped cardboard box and a huge amount of really good bubble wrap. Postage outside UK possible but buyer will need to arrange the courier.

Collection from South Northants also possible and I have a rehearsal space at home where you can plug into a decent amp or feel free to bring your own.