Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Lyte - £300

Jesus

My mates selling his bass as he's a guitarist and it gets very little use. He will be buying a cheaper bass with the proceeds so may accept a px with cash his way.

I'll get pics up as soon as i get them from him, but its a tobacco burst in good condition for used.

Is there any interest from you guys (and gals)? He's looking for £300

Sorry, pics arent the best, camera phone jobbies im afraid.

Edited by Jesus

[quote name='Marcus' post='280641' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:59 PM']very underated instruments....

look great in sunburst too......[/quote]

Yep, I had a candy red one and it was an amazingly versatile instrument and very shoulder friendly too. I think BigAlonBass still uses one of these? £300 is a good price too providing its in good nick.

I love every bit of mine!

His bass will look a bit like this (but less battered?)
(mine)

I had the electronics replaced and that only made it better! Great neck, super light but yet very powerful!

Nice price too (I had mine for a bargain! 150 euro's)

[quote name='JPJ' post='280646' date='Sep 9 2008, 08:06 PM']Yep, I had a candy red one and it was an amazingly versatile instrument and very shoulder friendly too. I think BigAlonBass still uses one of these?[/quote]
He certainly does, and after a little bit of an upgrade (Bridge, Pickups, etc.) it's the one I reach for every time. :huh: 'Course, mine's rather "relic'ed" now, after all the gigs it's been to, but I still wouldn't swap it. :)

[quote name='BigAlonBass' post='280784' date='Sep 10 2008, 12:24 AM']He certainly does, and after a little bit of an upgrade (Bridge, Pickups, etc.) it's the one I reach for every time. :huh: 'Course, mine's rather "relic'ed" now, after all the gigs it's been to, but I still wouldn't swap it. :)[/quote]

Bit off topic but.. what exactly did you replace and with what? I'm curious because mine is probably gonna be backup soon, but still worth upgrading I think!

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='280786' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:26 PM']Bit off topic but.. what exactly did you replace and with what? I'm curious because mine is probably gonna be backup soon, but still worth upgrading I think![/quote]

I was lucky enough to be offered a '72 Precision Pickup for silly money, and two gigs later a '69 Jazz Pickup for even less.(There was only one) They both went on, then a Badass, which was replaced with a Wilkinson, because it sounded better. :) (More sustain, funnily enough!) The original Machine Heads were becoming worn out, so I stuck a set of Grover Titans on it, and going out of tune is a thing of the past. Most of the time, I take it out of the case and it's still in tune from the last gig. It's had a Pro setup, and a quick fret dress, and that's it. :huh:

Sounds great, the sustain is a bit of a problem for mine too.. sometimes it just seems to drop away! I think I need to replace the bridge and put a D-Tuner on it as well, should be worth it's money because they're great basses...

now let's get it sold! :)

Looks like a lovely bass :)

I don't know anything about these and got a few questions...

Is it made in Japan? Do you know what the body is made from? Is it a Jazz sized neck? Is it active or passive? And any idea how old it is?

Hope that's not too nerdy, thanks for your help

Rob

Yes, its made in Japan, i believe the body to be Basswood, it is a Jazz sized neck (but not a direct replacement), and as for age i believe its in the 90's. I'll speak to the owner when i see him later to confirm the year. And yes, active.

Edited by Jesus