Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones with East retro preamp
£650

CokeyW

Reluctantly it's time to part with my lovely Lakland Jazz in Lake Placid Blue.

This has been my main bass for a number of years and has a real 'Swiss army knife' range of tones with the factory fitted 3 band East retro preamp with its parametric mid. There's nothing it can't do, apart from improve my dodgy technique.

It has a small dink on the headstock and two very small screw holes where a previous Basschatter fitted a Roland pickup. There's a tiny scratch on the back where some idiot (me) once said yes, of course you can try my bass. It can only be seen in a certain light. Other than that it's in fantastic condition.

In May it went on a £80 holiday to Jaydee in Birmingham and came back beautifully set up and restrung.

It's a 34" scale and weighs about 9lb on my crap bathroom scales. It comes with the original Lakland soft bag. I'm happy to ship but will also meet up if you're not too far away from me in Stafford. No trades sorry.

Sat 21st Was going to list it on EBay last weekend but ended up being away. Quick reduction to £575 shipped before I list it.

Edited by CokeyW

Really sorry, but no. I'm trying to generate funds to order a bass from Paul Everson.

I've been asked why I'm selling it. Mainly because I've got a Roadworn Jazz and American Special Precision and they've reignited my love of passive basses. However having played the Lakky last night I'm struck by just how flexible it is and I'm very tempted to withdraw it.

It would best suit a bassist in a covers band who needs to cover a lot of different tones quickly. And that's not me at the moment. Just set your amp for the venue and the onboard preamp will do the rest.

• 2 weeks later...