Why become a member? ×

Music instrument software

lushuk

Hi guys, my band are doing a cover of Crazy Horses (Osmonds) (no jokes please :) ) i need to somehow extract the horse sound effect which was done on the keyboard, has anyone tried the software where you can extract certain instruments? will it be any good for that sort of thing, or if anyone knows where i can get the sound effect please let me know, thanks for any help :)

[quote name='lushuk' timestamp='1445968148' post='2895793']
Hi guys, my band are doing a cover of Crazy Horses (Osmonds) (no jokes please :) ) i need to somehow extract the horse sound effect which was done on the keyboard, has anyone tried the software where you can extract certain instruments? will it be any good for that sort of thing, or if anyone knows where i can get the sound effect please let me know, thanks for any help :)
[/quote]

Never heard of the song, so had to look it up; yes, I regret that. Still, to answer the question, if [i]we [/i]were (heaven forbid...) to have this to cover, a vibrato guitar and a decent 'whammy' would do the job at least as well as on that video, I'd say. With what instrument are you planning to [s]inflict this on the audience[/s] play this part..? Keys..? Guitar..? Jew's harp..? Xylophone..?

Ha ha, interesting responses, we use a theramin at the moment its ok but room for improvement hence why i thought id see if it could be done, we do a well rocked up version of this and it goes down a bomb, not as much as our rock version of Mama Mia but still! Yes it is a Yam keyboard on the original i think, i had heard this instrument isolation software was pretty good these days, thanks for your thoughts!