Why become a member? ×

NOW TRADED Limelight 1963 Precision
£750

Hector

With a heavy heart, putting my Limelight 63 precision bass replica up for sale. It sounds, looks, and feels absolutely delightful - really nails the p tone. Unfortunately, I've not got currently any projects that require that vibe, and am about to incur some costs from [s]upgrading some of the parts on my double bass [/s]endless GAS. I did withdraw this once, but it's been all but unused since then, and it's made to be gigged!

Asking [s]£750[/s] £700 and I'll throw in my protection racket case.

Built for me in January 2015. Specs are:

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Faded Sonic Blue [/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Hand rolled finger board[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Clay dots[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Lightest relic [/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Rosewood P width neck[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Parchment scratchplate[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Period correct 1960's Fender Precision logo[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Thumb rest below strings.[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]All metal work just lightly tarnished[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Reverse Got0h Tuners[/size][/font]
[font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Strap button on reverse of headstock[/size][/font]

Weight is [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3.9 kg which is 8.6 lbs[/font][/color]

I have had a dodgy input jack replaced, and have also freed up all the tarnished hardware (can get seized up on some Limelights) and treated with a layer of WD-40 (plus a little dab of vaseline in the tuning machines).

Would prefer to meet, so collection from south/central London preferred, but would also be willing to travel (within reason) or have the bass delivered.

[s]As I said, looking to free up some cash for DB upgrades, so the only trade I'd consider is an Ibanez SR605 plus some cash my way.[/s] Trades considered, looking for 5ers with tight spacing and short scale lengths to string E-C.

Pics attached (I hope!):

[attachment=203147:041.JPG]
[attachment=203148:043.JPG]
[attachment=203149:047.JPG]
[attachment=203150:050.JPG]

Edited by Hector

Sorry shadowalka - I don't have access to any scales. I don't want to know how much I've ballooned recently! You're welcome to come feel the weight of it and have a play at Hector's House :)

eevespete - it's got flats on, and it thumps like a beauty.

Since JapanAxe asked, here's a picture of the front of the headstock so youse can all see the decal:

[attachment=203207:20151020_202602.jpg]

• 4 months later...

Weight, well, ask any female friend/relative, one of them will have luggage scales. Piece of string, hankie, whatever, hang bass off scales.

Lovely bass but it's a 400 mile trip for me, others much further. As a pose to £30 fully insured courier.

Lovely bass, good luck.