Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Ashton BVV300
£300

davehux

[b]Sorry - now withdrawn from sale[/b]

I thought I'd found the perfect amp, but Madame LaGAS has waved her magic wand again, so it's time to move it on.

The Ashton BV300 - a full fat, no messing, simple EQ, 300W, all valve amp - just about sums it up really

6 (count them) KT88's in the engine room, with two 12AT7's and a 12AX7 driving the front end. Huge great toroidal transformer and a big box with side handles.

Really good condition, with barely a scratch on it. Comes with a padded Roqsolid cover that was originally for an Ampeg V4, so I had to cut slots for the side handles, but it fits like a glove.

Half the weight of an SVT CL, but still tips the scales at about 40lb, so not exactly pocket sized

Lovely tone, and enough power to knock down the average pub wall. Really easy to bias the power valves, with a simple digital multimeter and a small screwdriver, so visits to the amp tech not really needed for that.

If you're tempted with an all-valve amp, as I was, but don't want to shell out the big money for an SVT, then give it a go -she's a beaut!!

Yours for £300 delivered to a UK mainland address - you can probably guess what the courier cost alone will be. Cheaper if you can come and collect from near Truro in sunny Cornwall

Only trade I'd be interested in would be an Ampeg SVT3 Pro, with some form of cash adjustment your way.

Edited by davehux

Good luck with the sale Dave. ;)

Pow 22, This is my old amp, it's a clean monster, think squashy Fender tone on steriods.

I only sold it as I had opportunity to get my beloved Trace back. It's a great amp if you want lovely valve compression without the grit and grind. I records lovely too.

I did a review when I owned it: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/176021-ashton-bv300-all-valve-300w-bass-head/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/176021-ashton-bv300-all-valve-300w-bass-head/[/url]

[quote name='VTypeV4' timestamp='1444263657' post='2881772']
Good luck with the sale Dave. ;)
[/quote]

Cheers Matt and thanks for the review link - I fully concur with what you've put there

I thought this was the one, but as usual, there's always something else peeking round the door saying "Buy me, buy me"

It's made 2 people very happy to own it, who's next?????

No, I can't do it - it's too nice

Just added a Behringer BDI-21 VT box and it's given me the bit of added grit that I was after, but still keeping all that valvey loveliness

Sorry if you were tempted - maybe in a few months if an SVT3 pops up at silly money :P

All good Dave, glad you found a solution. It really is far better than it ought to be isn't it.. Ha! :lol:

Not tempetd (well, ok, a little bit!) as I'm selling the Twin Valve too because I'm using the V4 and those SWR cabs for pretty much everything.