Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yamaha BB404 - now SOLD, pending the usual

solo4652

[attachment=13039:007.JPG][attachment=13040:006.JPG][attachment=13041:005.JPG][attachment=13042:004.
JPG][attachment=13043:002.JPG][attachment=13044:003.JPG]

Hi,

My Yamaha BB 404 is for sale. For rave reviews, see: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Yamaha/BB404/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...maha/BB404/10/1[/url]

I bought it new/"Shop-Soiled" 6 months ago and it's been a completely brilliant first bass. It's in good nick, with just 1 ding on the upper edge (which was there when I got it). There are some minor scratchettes on the front face too - the usual marks you'd expect. Only ever used for bedroom jamming - never been out of my house. Had a proper setup done by my local shop recently. Comes with gigbag, and a new set of D'Addario EXL 170's.

You're welcome to come and see it, play it, enthuse about it and buy it - anytime.

Looking for £100, packed securely in a Fender box and couriered to your door within the UK. How's that!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' post='278538' date='Sep 6 2008, 12:53 PM'][attachment=13039:007.JPG][attachment=13040:006.JPG][attachment=13041:005.JPG][attachment=13042:004.
JPG][attachment=13043:002.JPG][attachment=13044:003.JPG]

Hi,

My Yamaha BB 404 is for sale. For rave reviews, see: [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Yamaha/BB404/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...maha/BB404/10/1[/url]

I bought it new/"Shop-Soiled" 6 months ago and it's been a completely brilliant first bass. It's in good nick, with just 1 ding on the upper edge (which was there when I got it). There are some minor scratchettes on the front face too - the usual marks you'd expect. Only ever used for bedroom jamming - never been out of my house. Had a proper setup done by my local shop recently. Comes with gigbag, and a new set of D'Addario EXL 170's.

You're welcome to come and see it, play it, enthuse about it and buy it - anytime.

Looking for £100, packed securely in a Fender box and couriered to your door (within the UK). How's that!

Regards,

Steve[/quote]

Revised price, including courier charges within the UK. This is an exceptional bass for the money.

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='279785' date='Sep 8 2008, 04:10 PM']I love the BB series, owning a 605 (for sale however as I don't fancy a five string anymore) and these basses are extremely well playing. Bargain for this price!

*have a bump mate*[/quote]

Thank you! I'll be sad to see it go - my first ever bass! For that reason, Im rather attached to it - you know how it is. In fact, I prefer it to my Tokai Hardpuncher for funk, soul, ska tracks because the Yamaha has a slightly more "burpy" tone. It's nice and light too. But, I'm eyeing up a replacement, and I'm not allowed to have any more than 2 basses.

I'm open to trades - looking for a good P-bass...(or a good J-Bass with a P neck)

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='281167' date='Sep 10 2008, 03:31 PM']as far as I can see this is a single coil J style, but you can check this on the back of your headstock (should be a small sticker)[/quote]

Hmm.... I am asking about several basses at once, so I'm a bit hesitant to ask much. Would it be too much, at this stage, for me to ask the OP to record a bit of the bass, adjusting the controls to get a variety of sounds, and send me an MP3 (or similar)?

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='281188' date='Sep 10 2008, 03:47 PM']Hmm.... I am asking about several basses at once, so I'm a bit hesitant to ask much. Would it be too much, at this stage, for me to ask the OP to record a bit of the bass, adjusting the controls to get a variety of sounds, and send me an MP3 (or similar)?[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks for asking about the Yamaha. Following Musemat's suggestion, I looked on the back of the headstock. Small sticker there reads BB404. Also, there's a serial number stamped on the rear of the headstock: QKX219066 - hadn't even noticed that before. Perhaps you'll be able to refer to a Yamaha website for further information - I've had a quick look for such a site, but can't find one for bass guitars.

Now then, recording the bass. Not sure how I can do that, to be honest - I'm not especially talented in the IT department. I am on Skype though, and would be more than happy to use my laptop + built in camera to show you what the Yamaha can do (if you excuse my ropey playing, of course). Pm me for my Skype contact details if you think this might work.

I have to say that I've had what seems to be a fairly serious enquiry for the bass, and we're sorting out courier costs for final agreement. So, any other potential buyers will have to join the queue behind. As soon as anything's agreed, I'll post a message.

In the meantime, thank you for your interest. Now then, how do you make Skype work - I can't quite remember...

Steve