Why become a member? ×

NBD Part 1 - Squire Vintage Modified P Bass V

BASainty

Picked up my Squire Vintage Modified 5 string P-bass today from Raslee! (Great guy by the way!)

Brought it home and straight away plugged it into my 75 watt Fender practice combo and oh my what a stunning sound it produces!

With tone rolled off it produces a lovely thick but still refined thump. Roll the tone up to max and you get a great mids bark with plenty of low end to back it up.

The B string feels awesome and has just as much presence as every other string with very good sustain. The neck feels just as comfortable to play as my TRB 5 string did.

Cant get over how happy I am with this. I know the VM Squires have always been highly regarded and I totally understand why! Cant believe its taken me all the time to own one.

Totally sold on it. So much bang for your buck.

Lee was also kind enough to include the USA P pick ups which I shall be installing very soon! Cant wait to try them out as well.

Pictures!

[url="http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/basainty/media/WP_20151005_14_30_20_Pro_zpsqcpstgzo.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/basainty/media/WP_20151005_14_32_30_Pro_zps3fyejnvh.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/basainty/media/WP_20151005_14_32_43_Pro_zpsv04zcsod.jpg.html"][/url]

Never been a massive sun burst fan but this one is definitely the exception!

Part 2 to come later once I've picked up the next one ;)

Edited by 4StringFortress

I'm hugely jealous! I've owned basses costing up to and well over £4000 in my time but when I tried one of these a while ago everything about it just felt right to me in a way I've never experienced with another bass regardless of price. Couldn't believe I was playing a sub £300 bass!
Fortunately my lovely wife has promised to get me one for Christmas :D

Congrats!

Yea man thats my NBD part 2 as I picked it up last night! Got a custom paint job on it as well. Looks stunning.

Will sort out pictures in a bit!

Yea I ended up selling my TRB II 5 string to fund these too and you know what. Play ability, playing comfort and overall feel and sound of these to VMs are on par with it! I'm totally sold on VMs and cant really imagine justifying paying an extra £700+ on a US Fender would be THAT much difference

[quote name='Telebass' timestamp='1444142872' post='2880624']
Ah, that one was mine! And tnose pickups. I installed them and removed them - didn't make any difference to my ears. A cracking, easy to play bass which should still havr a set of Chromes on it, no?
[/quote]

In that case Ill probably leave these pickups in! It did have Chromes but I requested some rounds to be put on for the type of music I play.