Why become a member? ×

Quick and easy pick guard pimping

Andytre

Recently came across this sticker covering that is advertised as being for covering cars to upgrade there paint jobs with ease so I thought it might be a good idea to get some to stick onto my pile of Harley Benton deko basses to breath some life into there rather boring pick guards! I picked up a length of metallic green as I thought it would work well with black bodies, it cost £6 and there's easily enough to cover 4/5 Precision plates. After about 20 minutes of work with a sharp craft knife and scissors my test basses boring white pick guard, one from a HB shorty P the bass, now look significantly better!

I got a couple of A4 sheets of "Carbon Fibre" vinyl from ebay for about £3.50 to use on my cheapo jazz bass. It was advertised as bubble free and is a bit thicker than the vinyl they use for sign lettering, so you can apply it dry (no need for soapy water and a squeegy) .... Massive improvement. Again took about 20 minutes, using a small craft knife (not a carpet type, they seem too big, mine's more like holding a pen)

[attachment=201584:jazz.jpg] [attachment=201585:jazz2.jpg]