Why become a member? ×

How do I connect my Ashdown MAG C210T-300 EVO III Combo and Hartke 410XL together

fearthebassplayer

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Stupid question I know.......I'm new to all of this, so don't really understand a lot about this kind of thing.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I have an [color=#000000]Ashdown MAG C210T-300 EVO III Combo and also a Hartke 410XL cab. I was wondering if it is possible to connect the 2 together.....but getting very confused about ohms. The Ashdown says minimum of 4ohms yet the Hartke says 8ohms on the back.[/color][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Can someone give me an idiots guide as to how all of this works please, and if I can connect the 2 together![/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma][size=3]Cheers :)[/size][/font][/color]

If the internal speaker impedance is 8ohm then you can use the other speaker out to plug into the Hartke as well. Two 8 ohm cabs in parallel give a 4 ohm load.

If the internal speaker is 4ohm already then you can't use the Hartke at the same time as a 4 ohm + 8ohm load is actually 2.7 ohm and is too low.

So find that out first.

And DO NOT use a guitar cable. Use a proper speaker cable.