Why become a member? ×

Cog Effects Dual Knightfall Vs Knightfall 66

tanuki

Hey there,

i'm considering one of these pedals and wondering if anyone has experiences of either or both?

I like the idea of the two levels of drive running on the same eq but am i missing out on some flexibility?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated :-)

Hey I've got a Knightfall 66, and I think it's great. I like that it's pretty transparent, so it just adds more grit without changing your whole sound, something I've found oddly hard to find...

The EQ controls are useful too. They don't have a huge sweep on them, but just enough to add a bit more presence and bigness, plus a bit more chunk on top.

I haven't tried the Dual Knightfall, but I'd recommend the 66 for sure! Hope this helps :)

I helped design/spec the 66 with Tom @ COG (I have the prototype) so always happy to see when people are interested :).
Basically the Knightfall is too separate channels, where you set the clipping, gain and volume on each channel, you then switch between the channels. The EQ and blend is then global.
The Dual Knightfall is a bit different, no blend, and effectively two Knightfalls in one box, where I kicking in the second runs one into the other.....or run each one on its own :)

Si