Why become a member? ×

Anyone using the newer K cabs by TC Electronic?

Tradfusion

I used to own a BC212 and a TC 450 classic. It was a decent cab. Fine on it's own when I was playing with my blues band but it wasn't quite loud enough when I played with a rock guitarist and a loud drummer. In the latter scenario you'd probably need two.

I assume the new cabs are much like the old ones with a cosmetic tweak.

Edited by gjones

Played through the K212 whist I was auditioning my Bongo 6. Loud, clear, really to my liking! Much clearer than the RH cabs of which I'm not really a fan. The Ks have a much more hi-fi neutral sound. I'd say go for them! Unless you can go Barefaced... Bare in mind this was only half an hour's experience with the K cab so I wouldn't take everything I've said as gospel, but I certainly remember being impressed.

[quote name='TJ Spicer' timestamp='1441959850' post='2863211']
Played through the K212 whist I was auditioning my Bongo 6. Loud, clear, really to my liking! Much clearer than the RH cabs of which I'm not really a fan. The Ks have a much more hi-fi neutral sound. I'd say go for them! Unless you can go Barefaced... Bare in mind this was only half an hour's experience with the K cab so I wouldn't take everything I've said as gospel, but I certainly remember being impressed.
[/quote]

I did have a TC rig before, RH450 head and RS210 cab and I really liked it... I really regret selling it in fact :( Barefaced cabs are the bomb alright but any of his 12's are pricey compared to the TC... in fact even the cheapest Barefaced single 12 (Midget) is double the price of a K212... the joys of living in Euro land... I'm exploring a few different options at the moment and I have a limited budget but the TC K212 ticks quite a few boxes ;)