Why become a member? ×

FT/FS Ashdown MAG 300 1X15 combo 307W

ben_eat_pie

Hi there,

Here i have my well loved ashdown combo. This is a very compact (and for that reason seems fairly heavy for its size) bass amp suiting most small/medium venues for gigging, and great for practices as would fit in pretty much any car boot - you could probably get it onto a motorbike if you needed to, but i doubt there'd be enough room for your bass!

It has loads of great features, including a DI at the front, really basic but great sounding eq, built in sub harmoniser, two speaker outputs - one connected to the 15 inch blueline speaker rated 300W and 8 ohm, effects send and return, and a handy tuner output that doesn't mute your bass. Have a look on the websites for any more info.

The amp runs at just short of something like 180 watts as it is without an extension cab as it's 307watts @ 4 ohm (minimum load). really packs a punch with an extension cab.

APOLOGIES FOR THE STOCK IMAGE - I AM CURRENTLY WITHOUT A CAMERA!!!

Would like to swap for a head or combo (with 10inch speakers+/horn only please) something that's decent for a grungy distorted sound. I'd mainly be considering the lower bracket of the market i.e. Ashdown, Hartke, old Marshall's etc - but don't hesitate to make an offer!

The reason for trade is that I couldn't really not have an amp! Regular gigs and practices cause this problem as this is my current main amp - and has served me well, but to be frank it's boring playing through the same rig all the time so I'd like to try some different gear without it costing me too much money or time - can't really afford any new gear so there's no point trying them, and I hate cash converters!

I'd prefer a head that's more powerful than this one ideally but it's not that important - i love the sound of the Hartke 7000 and amps like that... also all of the Ashdown ranges would be considered.

Now for the important bit.... I'm looking for gear worth around 160quid - I'm happy paying back any money if value is less, and also happy getting my wallet out within reason for more valuable gear.

Let me know what you've got!

Cheers,

Ben

Edited by ben_eat_pie

lol, no it's a fecking great combo - I'm really suffering from bad flactulance, don't worry BC'ers it'll be sorted soon - before i get rid of this!

Love the tone on this and will stick with ashdown if need be!

And cheers for the .... bump....

Edited by ben_eat_pie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...