Why become a member? ×

Status neck Alder Jazz bass. Unique. Price drop now £1,000.00
£1200

Karl Derrick

After much deliberation, I've decided to sell my custom Jazz bass.
I need the funds to build another.
I gave this a lof of thought before putting it together. The hardware, body colour and scratchplate were all planned a long time in advance. I wanted a certain look and feel to it.
I'm just looking to get my money back, I spent £1,200.00 building this bass.

Looking for that amount, plus shipping.

The neck is a brand new Status Graphite 4 string, with the factory option of the satin matte finish on the back.
This gives the neck a lovely, smooth warm feel. Silky smooth. The fretboard radius is 16"
Nice low action, no buzzing or dead notes anywhere. The trussrod works smoothly both ways.

The body is a one piece light alder. Lovely grain and figuring. The finish is Melamine lacquer, very thin and hard, by the amazing Dave Wilson. The body is very resonant and very musical, even acoustically. The most vibrant and lively bass I've played.
The colour can best be described as 'Maple Syrup', tawny amber, but not orangey.
The lacquer is transparent and the grain can be clearly seen over the whole body. The scratchplate is custom made to my design from a lovely, lively but tasteful, brown tiger pearloid. Shimmers.

The pickups are SME, hand wound in Texas, and are bright and clear.
The tone is very woody, with an open, airy quality. beautiful tone and clarity, with plenty of punch.

I had the output jack side mounted as I like it better. The neck is held by a 'Wudtone' stainless steel neckplate. very, very strong and stable.
The tuners are Schaller, as are the knobs and straplock studs. The bridge is a Schaller 3D4 and is finished, along with all the other hardware in their 'Vintage Copper'.
The control plate is made from 2mm sheet copper by hand.
Controls are volume, volume, tone.

The bass weighs exactly 9 Pounds and comes with a hardshell case.
I'll ship but at buyer's risk.

Email me for larger versions of the pictures.

Karl
0208 575 7550
[email protected]

[attachment=199555:body1.jpg]
[attachment=199546:plate2ll.jpg]
[attachment=199547:controlssmall.jpg]
[attachment=199548:detail1small.jpg]
[attachment=199549:backsmall.jpg]
[attachment=199550:bridgesmall.jpg]
[attachment=199551:stockfrontsmall.jpg]
[attachment=199552:stockbacksmall.jpg]
[attachment=199553:pupssmall.jpg]