Why become a member? ×

Reverend Dub King

Byo

Haven't played a dub king but tried the thunder gun, decision and justice whilst in Glasgow and they were excellent instruments. Lightweight, strung through with different but ultimately lovely feeling necks.

Seem to be extremely rare in the UK so doubt many will have tried.

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1440315644' post='2849699']
There's a Reverend dealer in Thame (Bucks), but doesn't look like they have any Dub Kings in stock:

[url="http://www.vintageandmodernguitars.co.uk/reverendsetneckbasses.html"]http://www.vintagean...neckbasses.html[/url]

Si
[/quote]

Yup, saw that V&M have them in stock. Apparently they are the only UK dealer for what I can see.

[quote name='bassix' timestamp='1440312595' post='2849687']
Haven't played a dub king but tried the thunder gun, decision and justice whilst in Glasgow and they were excellent instruments. Lightweight, strung through with different but ultimately lovely feeling necks.

Seem to be extremely rare in the UK so doubt many will have tried.
[/quote]

Very rare indeed... good to know that you liked the other models.

How would you describe the necks then? Are they different in general or was it from model to model?

They were different from model to model actually. The thundergun had a shallow, gibson-esque neck for me, glossy but very comfortable. The Reverend Justice and Decision are the Jazz/Precision equivalents and were similar in proportions but both felt comfortable to me. If memory serves they had more of a satin type finish.

This was on a trip to Glasgow I went to Merchant City Music (great service by the way), I actually went in to try a precision but the manager was a bass player and suggested I give them a go. I was glad I did, as they sound great. The one confusing thing is they have such big bodies that they look like they are going to weigh a tonne but they couldn't have been more than 8.5lbs each, some strange alchemy going on!

They are definitely on my hit list for my next bass though, if you fancy one I doubt you'll regret it and with distance selling regulations you can't lose.