Why become a member? ×

Galloping Triplets

coasterbass

im a pick bassist most of the time. I dont really REST my arm any where. Its all wrist movement except for changing string. Quickest way to get used to alternate picking = through the fire and flames by dragonforce. I used to get forearm ache but not anymore. Also stockholm syndrome. Try some megadeth like angry again for string changing and black lung by rancid for speeed

Just played through it, getting the gallops at 175bpm isnt all that easy but its doable. I found myself losing the beat at times though. Just keep working at it and the stamina stuff. Ive just ran through it 3 times, not perfectly by any means but still no acheing :)

The way I learned triplets was one of the guitar teachers where i go to for bass lessons was teaching me the Lamb Of God song Hourglass, so we spent about 10 mins working on that. How i do it, is by resting the edge of my palm on the bridge of my bass, then stick out the 3 fingers I don't use dead straight.
Zach