Why become a member? ×

YAMAHA BB1000 VINTAGE THROUGH NECK Price drop £575
£745

TOMAS

Price Drop BUMP ! 575
Lovely sounding bass, from when these where real quality instruments, fitted with a Bartolini 3 band gives the modern punchy active tones along with P Bass and Jazz Bridge Pickup tone. Comes with hardcase. Uk only sale . may exchange for Eden Cabs or A MM SR 4 or 5.

Edited by TOMAS

[quote name='hookys6stringbass' timestamp='1439037884' post='2839554']
This is not a BB1200S bass... This is a modified BB1000s bass
[/quote]
I really like BB's, but I'm no expert on them. This one caught my eye - what clues make you say that?
Thanks
Geoff

i own a bb1000s and there's one for sale on here i think? There the only one to have that type jazz pickup and i think the bb1200s does'nt have a jazz pickup just the p type.
so to cut to the chase this looks like a bb1000s with an active circuit fitted

Yeah that's right, it's just a P pup. And usually with a matching headstock.

I can't make out what it says on the headstock. I assume it must read 1200s if the OP is selling it as that. And if it does then who has tried to make it look like a 1200s? I would like to think it wasn't the OP.

Edited by MB1

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1439058803' post='2839731']

I really like BB's, but I'm no expert on them. This one caught my eye - what clues make you say that?
Thanks

Geoff
[/quote]

Hello Geoff,
Firstly Yamaha only made them in red or a dark green...also a limited run of black.
The BB 1200 was produced in sunburst and natural... also they have oval fret markers not dot markers... Dot markers were on the BB1000S. There are two stripes running through the bass not one...again one on the BB1000S... The BB1000S is passive not active with just a volume, tone control and pick up selector...

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1439114226' post='2840021']
I think a picture of the headstock would clear it up for anyone thinking of buying this bass.

Lovely, btw! Massive fan of classic BB's.
[/quote]

Quality material, great making from Japan... much better than the Fender Us of the 80's :D

Edited by thanku

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...