Why become a member? ×

warranty repairs

Funky Dunky

What's a reasonable turnaround for fixing a preamp? I sent my bass back to Thomann and received an email dated 8th July saying they had received it and it would be dealt with immediately. It's now the 4th of August, no bass and no contact from Thomann. Am I being impatient, or does that seem like a good while to swap or repair a faulty preamp?

I will give them to the 8th, that's a month, and if I don't hear from them I will chase it up, I've never done this before but I would've expected some communication by now?

I've sent a wireless back for repair and got a replacement back within a month. I guess it depends how busy they are (summer hols etc.) and also if they are waiting on parts. I would give them a quick call to check. They are usually very good with their service. :)

Yes indeed. I wouldn't necessarily expect it back within a month due to how long shipping takes but I would've hoped the repair would be completeda and sent back. At the very least, I would have hoped for an email. They did say it would be repaired immediately - from that I assume a week. If it's going to take a fortnight, say so. I'm not impatient but I would expect communication.