Why become a member? ×

Edinburgh - need to test my Tweeter Voltmeter/Ohmmeter req'd!

krispn

So I recently got a new to me Tecamp cab with the knowledge that the tweeter may need a repair - the cab sounds fine without the tweeter to my ears but it would be fun to play about with the settings if I can get it to work.

In my chat with Tecamp Support they advised that I check the tweeter by.......

[size=4]"[font=arial, sans-serif]unplug the + from the tweeter and look if you have around 6-8 Ohm from the tweeter. If not it is broken. If you have Ohmage then it is the print. [/font][/size][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]
[size=4]Can you do this wit a Voltagemeter/Ohmmeter?"[/size][/size][/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif][size=4]Does anyone have the a [/size][/font][font="arial, sans-serif"]voltmeter or ohmmeter that I could swing by and test the tweet? I've got transport and shouldn't waste too much of your time :)[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]Cheers[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif"]Gavin[/font]

An ohmmeter is a valuable tool to have around the house for testing batteries, cables, etc. You can get one for under £3 delivered from eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-Digital-LCD-AC-DC-OHM-Volt-Meter-Ammeter-Multimeter-Tester-Checker-/400923875646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d58ecd93e

Everyone should have one (and a soldering iron).