Why become a member? ×

Line 6 M5 - Dead or Alive?

MonkeyTrick

Evening all.

I bought a used Line 6 M5 about a year ago and then ended up not using it for various reasons. At the time I checked if it worked and had no issues.

When I went to add it to my pedal board recently, I plugged it in and it worked fine ... for about 30 minutes. The lights blink on and off now when plugged in, and occasionally if left alone will turn on for a while but will eventually revert back to the problem.

I know all about the grounding issues ([url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMNvFBB2qXU"]https://www.youtube....h?v=YMNvFBB2qXU[/url]) tried removing the screws etc but this just allows it to turn on for a short while and then, as above.

I've tried a Boss power supply and a DC Brick with the same results. Does anyone know of a solution or likely cause before I have to sell it on as faulty?

Cheers!

Edited by MonkeyTrick

yeah i had this exact problem, its all to do with the Ma drawn because it draws 500Ma it needs a power supply that will give that if not it will cut out like you said previously. you will need to get a power supply that draws 500ma plus and it will be fine.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1436343773' post='2817196']
What DC Brick did you try? I know the standard boss PSU is a bit under powered. It looks like the M5 draws 500Ma which is probably more than either of your supplies can muster?
[/quote]

[quote name='perrybassbp' timestamp='1436385514' post='2817814']
yeah i had this exact problem, its all to do with the Ma drawn because it draws 500Ma it needs a power supply that will give that if not it will cut out like you said previously. you will need to get a power supply that draws 500ma plus and it will be fine.
[/quote]

Damn, you guys are efficient. Yes, I was using 200ma supplies. Will get back when the 500ma gets here.

Thank you, I am an idiot.

EDIT: Worked. Cheers guys. Can't believe I didn't think of this.

Edited by MonkeyTrick