Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MAG 600 EVO II Bass Head - Connections

clash33

[quote name='Machines' post='271328' date='Aug 27 2008, 09:15 PM']You have to have one 1/4 jack and one speakon, but yes you can get a cable that's 1/4 one end and speakon the other.[/quote]

Not sure I understand your reply, I have seen the manual for the ABM range and they only appear to have speakon speaker connections, I just wondered if the MAG 600 was the same layout as soemof the cabs I was looking at only had 1/4 jack connections where as the Ashdown speakers are speakon ??

[quote name='clash33' post='271438' date='Aug 27 2008, 11:50 PM']Not sure I understand your reply, I have seen the manual for the ABM range and they only appear to have speakon speaker connections, I just wondered if the MAG 600 was the same layout as soemof the cabs I was looking at only had 1/4 jack connections where as the Ashdown speakers are speakon ??[/quote]

Its a pretty crappy manual isnt it?
I would say they are jacks. All the previous MAG range had them.
You can get adaptors or leads with either on each end so its not a big problem.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='271589' date='Aug 28 2008, 10:24 AM']Its a pretty crappy manual isnt it?
I would say they are jacks. All the previous MAG range had them.
You can get adaptors or leads with either on each end so its not a big problem.[/quote]

Thanks Dave, why is the back on an amp such a big secret??? has to be top of my list of crap manuals
Cheers

[quote name='darbs' post='271802' date='Aug 28 2008, 02:37 PM']i usea mag combo and the extension cab is jack output hope it helps my mate uses this head i can ask him if it would help?[/quote]

I also have a MAG combo but ive not seen these new MAG EVOII heads/combos yet so wasn't sure.

[quote name='Protium' post='272490' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:56 PM']I would go with the assumption it'll be the same as the other EVO II spec amps with 1 speakon and 1 jack out.[/quote]

Out of interest what EVOII's have one of each?

Also, don't forget the EVOII range now includes MAG, EB and older ABM's

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='WithoutRisk_BassPlayer' post='272048' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:15 PM']the Mag 600 has two 1/4" jack connections, I have the same head and the same problem when I was looking at getting one.

Will[/quote]

Is your 600 the Evo II with compressor?
I cannot find many reviews on this head, as you have one could you give me your pros and cons, would be good to get some feedback from a user of a 600 as most people appear to go with the MAG 300

[quote name='clash33' post='271318' date='Aug 27 2008, 08:55 PM']I have looked at the Manual but it does not specify the speaker connections. Can someone tell me if it will take 1/4 jack plugs and speakons?
Can you get a cable that is Speakon one end and jack the other?
Thanks
:) :huh:[/quote]
Drop OBBM a line. He makes excellent custom bass cables. His website is: [url="http://www.bassic.co.uk"]bassic.co.uk[/url]

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='272501' date='Aug 29 2008, 01:03 PM']Out of interest what EVOII's have one of each?

Also, don't forget the EVOII range now includes MAG, EB and older ABM's[/quote]

My ABM EVO II does, but I think I may have read the thread wrong :)
A quick email to Ashdown will sort this out.

Edited by Protium

[quote name='Protium' post='273116' date='Aug 30 2008, 01:13 PM']My ABM EVO II does, but I think I may have read the thread wrong :)
A quick email to Ashdown will sort this out.[/quote]

I thought that might have been the case.
Especially as people had already said its two jacks.

no problem.