Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Peavey Grind BXP 4 strings (£225)
£275

razze06

Selling my Peavey grind bxp 4 strings, entirely because of lack of use.

Bought new in Italy in 2010, it's an older model with the further recessed body at the treble horn. Apparently it was so designed to facilitate popping on the higher strings...

It's a neck-thru model, mahogany and maple neck, possibly mahogany body wings, natural finish with no lacquer. all passive electronics, two humbuckers and the usual VVTT controls. The bridge is formed by four individual units, each retaining a string, and separately attached to the bridge.

Neck is thin and quite flat, 24 frets, all of which are easily accessible. I feel the bass is quite light, but I haven't actually weighed it. It is in excellent conditions, practically as new.

This bass is currently in Italy, where it serves as backup for my occasional gig there. I will be able to bring it back to the UK in the middle of July, and ship from here. The picture is the actual bass, not a stock one.

[attachment=193999:PEAVEY-GRIND-BXP.jpg]

[s]I don't have a clear idea of value, i'll start at £275, but happy to listen to offers[/s] That's too expensive, start at £225

Edited by razze06

Nice basses these :) handcrafted in Vietnam. The fretboards on the ones built in this era were rosewood, but they always seemed to use really a high quality piece for all the ones I've tried. Also, the body wings were a wood I'd never come across before called Imbuya which I think is similar to Walnut. It was only the later Chinese ones that started using mahogany on the body.

The fretboard is indeed rosewood, and the body wings do not feel like mahogany, the grain is more open and lighter. Thanks for the clarification chrismuzz, you're much more of a peavey connoisseur than I am :)

I did think it was a very good buy when I got it, nice woods and good feel, with a solid, even sound.

• 2 weeks later...