Why become a member? ×

TC Spark Booster on bass (review content)

Bass Pedal Geek

Greetings all, I had the pleasure of trying out the TC Spark Booster on bass. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how well it worked for bass!

But give the pedal a quick listen (and a read) here and let's know what you think about it. I, for one, realy like it :-)

http://bass-pedals.com/tc-electronic-spark-booster-review/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

I always thought this was a clean boost/eq! I didn't realise you could add a touch of drive/grit to the signal. I'm assuming the mini version is the same? I want somthing to add a little grit to my P bass, this is on my gas list now 😃

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1435391655' post='2808290']
I always thought this was a clean boost/eq! I didn't realise you could add a touch of drive/grit to the signal. I'm assuming the mini version is the same? I want somthing to add a little grit to my P bass, this is on my gas list now
[/quote]

I am not completely sure the mini version will drive it to the edge the same way as it has 20 dB of boost where the original Spark has 26 dB. And of course, you wouldn't get the tone controls. But would be nice to try one and compare them at some point!

I had the booster for a couple of months.It's not to bad for warming up a okish amp............but i thought it was just ok,nothing overly great in terms of a low gain overdrive.better out there in the price range.in terms of a simple booster si's trouper boost is 1 to get.

all imo of course :-)

Edited by danbowskill