Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha BB1024x Vintage White
£475

P-T-P

I really love these basses and if I could afford to keep it I would but a recent spate of purchases means this is for sale. I don't think you can really get much more bang for your buck when it comes to 4 string and passive. The pick-ups are LOUD and have loads of tone.

I think there's some witchcraft going on because there's no way you should be able to get as much variety as these basses offer given the simple control options: 3-way toggle switch plus volume and tone. If you want classic p-bass thump, it's there in spades and this bass also produces the closest I've got to Geddy Lee's YYZ tone, it really bites and spits when you play with the bridge pick-up.

The neck has a very smoothly finish and is somewhere between a J and a P neck in dimensions. All the hardware works as it should and the bass is a more than comfortable weight (I'd guess about 9 to 9.5 lbs). The fit and finish is exceptional. Every bit as good as you could wish for and the bass is well set-up. There is one minor ding on the headstock but aside from that she's pretty much perfect. Any marks in the pictures are just fingerprints or reflections.

Looking for £475 delivered in UK with a (very nice and well padded) Yamaha gigbag or £495 with a hard case.

Not really looking for trades on this as cash is king, but maybe a MarkBass NY121 cab plus cash or some active PA bass bins. That being said, never say never.

PM me or txt/call 07515 929935

[attachment=192992:01cdbdd45d41ffdc549d0e51bb243375be44aa047c.jpg] [attachment=192993:013bebba850d57a8fa2021b04c3b21c41e1ede658e.jpg]

Edited by P-T-P