Why become a member? ×

W Audio Horizon 1100 1u rack power amp
£100

Useful thing to have around:

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]340w per channel at 8 ohms[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]550w per channel at 4 ohms[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1100w mono bridged at 8 ohms[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Weight approx. 10kg.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]One of the few 1U power amps not to cost a fortune (see Powersoft Digam!), this was marketed as a PA amp but a Class D power amp is a Class D power amp and this works perfectly well with bass.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stealth was selling one of these last year. As I commented at the time:[/font][/color]

[color=#0000ff][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you're a bass player in a band who also looks after the band's PA (not an unknown situation!) then these amps are a Godsend.[/font][/color]

[color=#0000ff][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Stick it in a rack-case (£20) with a cheap Behringer Sansamp-clone (£20) and a cheap Behringer 4-channel mixer (£20), and dump it in the boot of your car.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If your bass rig blows up, you've got a spare.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If your band PA blows up, you've got a spare.[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]All for less than £200. [/font][/color] B)[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

This really is collection only. There's no box or packaging, and it would be a pig to post.

I'm in Acton, London W3.

I used one of these for a while, and paired with the preamp of your choice and run in bridged mode, it offers a vast, unlimited vista of headroom and immense power. This is NO MONEY for a very reliable and very portable amp that will never run out of steam under ANY circumstances. Someone please buy it!