Why become a member? ×

Are you a vol/vol or a vol/pan kinda player?

Damonjames

My Dingwall is vol and pick-up selector. My old Washburn is vol/pan. Both active.

My Jazz is passive VVT. For ease I can see the live benefits of VPT and I'm more used to it but we'll see how I get on with it if it's gigged.

[quote name='IanA' timestamp='1432505666' post='2782212']

That is a beautiful bass I bet it sounds amazing, have spoken with Carey and Mo and Adrian on the phone a number of times, they are great guys. The build quality on their basses is second to none IMO. I have a Nordy VJ4 that I am thinking of changing to vol/pan.... I think that would make it just perfect!
[/quote]

Yep, thumbs up all the way to Carey and his crew! I guess a V/P setup would be great on your VJ. I think the idea to keep it V/V on mine is to be able to completely isolate the P. You probably wouldn't want that on a J. :)

[quote name='Bass Pedal Geek' timestamp='1432575676' post='2782887']

Yep, thumbs up all the way to Carey and his crew! I guess a V/P setup would be great on your VJ. I think the idea to keep it V/V on mine is to be able to completely isolate the P. You probably wouldn't want that on a J. :)
[/quote]
I have the same set up on my Lull PJ which I only play using the P pickup, I gues its just preference, not sure there is any tone degradation with a pan set up, certainly that I have noticed anyway.