Why become a member? ×

alembic1989

Hello to all.
I have been paying for about 35 years and currently I play Indian instrumental music.
My current gear list is
Alembic 20th anniversary
Custom Les Evans 6 fretless
Customised Kramer fretless
Wishbass lobe fretless
Alfonso Iturra 5 string
Vox Standard
Harley benton 6
I use an 1980's Ampeg 350w transistor top through a Hartke 4 x 10
I look forward to chatting to you all and trading ideas and stuff.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='271483' date='Aug 28 2008, 01:24 AM']Hello to a fellow Anniversary owner!

Here's mine - number 61 !

Which number have you got and post some pics if you can!

Cheers!

Nick (the GAS man!)[/quote]
Hi Nick,
my one is number 64..I'm afraid I don't have a digital camera so I can't post a pic. My one is also walnut..but not quite as pretty as yours. It is my favourite bass and is pure quality ..as I'm sure you know. The only thing I find very weird ,is that mediocre precisons and jazzes from the 70's(not exactly a glorious decade for fender) now fetch more money than my Alembic when it was new,and in terms of build quality and "hi-fi ness there is absolutely no comparison...Go Figure!!

[quote name='alembic1989' post='272042' date='Aug 28 2008, 09:11 PM']Hi Nick,
my one is number 64..I'm afraid I don't have a digital camera so I can't post a pic. My one is also walnut..but not quite as pretty as yours. It is my favourite bass and is pure quality ..as I'm sure you know. The only thing I find very weird ,is that mediocre precisons and jazzes from the 70's(not exactly a glorious decade for fender) now fetch more money than my Alembic when it was new,and in terms of build quality and "hi-fi ness there is absolutely no comparison...Go Figure!![/quote]

Blimey! Thanks for the comments! Mine is indeed a lovely piece, I'm very lucky to own it - and yes, you are dead right about the 70 Fender prices - some silly figures out there!!!