Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***. Fender Custom Shop '64 Jazz Bass Oly White
£1950

Chiliwailer

The Oly White is now sold. I'll do a listing soon for the LPB

And i think to myself "Do i sell the Olympic White or Lake Placid Blue?" - having just taken the white one as part of a trade deal. Really, this listing should be for the Oly White but if you fancy the LPB drop me a PM please as I may now sell both to buy another Lull P Bass . I never thought I'd sell the LPB as it's the nicest CS 1960's Jazz Bass that I've played, but this Olympic White one is a killer, I'd be more than happy to own it for sure and it is in fact just as good in its own way. (I've played a fair few average ones).

The previous owner, a close friend, bought it new in October last year for £2565. He has gone full circle from P's to J's and back to P's and I have recieved it as part payment on a trade deal. This is the last of 3 CS '64 Jazz Basses he owned, this one being sold last as it was easily the nicest of the 3. It's a killer, have I said that yet?

It's an Olympic White, 2013 model, 1964 Relic, comes with original case, certificate, case candy and is in great shape, only the dings that the Custom Shop provided! Currently strung with the nickel roundwound strings provided by custom shop, they are pretty much brand new as it previously had a set of Thomastiks on, as in the pics.

White one weighs 9.23lbs - good weight for a Fender CS Jazz Bass.

Update on the LPB, looks like I'll be selling it. It's a 2002 model, special ordered from Sam Ash Music, quarter sawn neck and brown tolex case, it's a closet classic but has some light relicing from use, hard to tell what's original and not though these days isn't it?! The back of the neck has a thin nitro coat which has worn through in a few places. The neck is very high tension, sounds awesome and with a great E string. The lacquer checking looks amazing.

Blue one weights 9.13lbs.

Cheers! :)

P.s. I've paid my £20 a year subscription to sell, hope you don't mind 2 basses on one ad.

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1431889050' post='2775974']
Oh my oh my!

I'm assuming this would be the same friend that the Pino came from?

Those two look stunning mate.

Thoroughly recommended seller and all round top bloke to deal with. GLWTS.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words pal :)

Yup, this came from the same guy. He sure does have impeccable taste!

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1431890506' post='2775994']
Are you they aren't supposed to be sold as a pair? :gas:
[/quote]

Lol! You remembered he'd likes his basses in pairs?! Though that's now grown to triplets.

Don't tempt me though Warren, think what I could buy if I sold them both.... :)