Why become a member? ×

Anti-GAS, or being happy with what you've got.

mcnach

I usually leave my spare bass in the car when I gig but on Saturday (due to dodgy parking arrangements) I took it into the venue and left it 'on stage'.

The guitarist asked whose the hard case was and when I replied it was mine then asked (disappointedly) if I'd bought a new bass.

So I told him (to his apparent relief) it was my spare one that I always took with me.

I've just realised I didn't open the case to show him, and I didn't open the case when packing before the gig to make sure it was actually in the case.

In fact I can't remember the last time I actually saw that bass. I just lug the case around. It could be empty for all I know :D

I probably have one more bass than I need. I'm going to make sure it's still there and works tonight.

If I remember...

Edited by TimR

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1432297694' post='2780146']
I wouldn't worry about that. Nobody can play Trombone.
[/quote]

I can play "ode to a dying elephant" on trombone.

In fact, it's the only tune I can play.

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1432298116' post='2780156']
I usually leave my spare bass in the car when I gig but on Saturday (due to dodgy parking arrangements) I took it into the venue and left it 'on stage'.

The guitarist asked whose the hard case was and when I replied it was mine then asked (disappointedly) if I'd bought a new bass.

So I told him (to his apparent relief) it was my spare one that I always took with me.

I've just realised I didn't open the case to show him, and I didn't open the case when packing before the gig to make sure it was actually in the case.

In fact I can't remember the last time I actually saw that bass. I just lug the case around. It could be empty for all I know :D

I probably have one more bass than I need. I'm going to make sure it's still there and works tonight.

If I remember...
[/quote]

I always check what is in the case before leaving the house. I once arrived at a venue to find the bass inside was my fretless Precision. And no strap.
Fortunately I had time to return home and pick the right bass. But at the time I was also playing in a RHCP tribute band and often out of town. RHCP on a fretless Precision would have been... interesting! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Played a gig last night with my new setup (Bergantino HT & EX112s, Markbass LM3, Ibanez SR1205 with an MXR compressor) and holy jeez does this rig sound good! And it was insanely loud, literally didn't have it past the first notch and even then it was slightly too loud but it allowed to play lighter with my fingers and really getting some nice tones through it. Proper funk machine!