Why become a member? ×

SOLD: 1963 Hofner Senator
£435

rorysmith

This was bought from Clarky back in November (thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/248893-sold-hofner-senator-1963/"]HERE[/url]) - I believe it's gone through a few pairs of hands within the Basschat community. Reasons for moving on are much the same as the ones listed by Clarky in the link above so I'm looking to move this on for the price I paid for it also bearing in mind that I purchased a new Hofner hard case to go with it ([url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/hoefner_h64_22bcase_verythin_bass.htm"]Thomann link[/url])

[b]Price drop - £425.[/b]
[b]Sensible offers also welcome.[/b]

More info in a [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/245789-1963-hofner-senator-sold/"]previous FS thread[/url]

Edited by rorysmith

Lovely to see my old bass still passing through the Basschat community.

I bought this in 2007 and sold it to Owen in (?) 2010. My original sales blurb has been partially requoted in several subsequent sales, and the photos of my old office are always a jog to my memory!

I haven't had this bass in my hands for a long time, but it's one of the woodiest, most 'organic' Hofners I've ever owned ... and I've owned a lot of 'em. :rolleyes:

Great stuff, thanks Happy Jack.

It's always nice to be able to trace the lineage of an instrument (even if for only a comparably short time!), especially one this old.

Would this be said blurb?

[i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Step back 45 years to the sort of bass your dad (or maybe your grandad) learned to play on.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]That glorious tobacco sunburst finish is a true picture, it really is that rich. The bass is all original, and has picked up a couple of marks a[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]long the way. There's a none-too-obvious blemish on the front and a repaired hole on the back. The neck was re-set in 2007 by the top Hofner ma[/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]n in London (Andy Gibson, who does all of Music Ground's and Macari's[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hofners[/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]).[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]She's strung with period-correct flats and high-ish action.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sound? Woody. No, very woody. No really, I mean [/font][/color][i]seriously[/i][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] woody. Can easily deliver a truly superb, dark dub sound but switch in an instant to a classic Beatles tone.[/font][/color][/i]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Also some more photos (If these are the ones, thanks Happy Jack. If not, I hope the owner doesn't mind, please let me know if so)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Depth 2"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Upper bout 12"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lower bout 16"[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Length (top to tail) 46" approx.[/font][/color]

Edited by rorysmith

• 2 weeks later...