Why become a member? ×

bassist mag

kevpilk

John Illsey - Dire Straits - December 1998!

EDIT: - Actually that is the Special Edition Version of the T Bass, thought the review and pics were not quite as I remembered.

So, also in........

Edited by bagsieblue

I remember vaguely a review on the T bass before it was released, and I am sure it was a sort of dark green prototype. Shortly after that, they released the SE version (Special Edition.) On the strength of that review, I bought a T bass from Musical Exchanges in Birmingham, which I still have, and it cost me 12 hundred quid.. They made 100 of these on the very first run in a five string, in a lovely Sea Foam Green,.(not sure about the four string.) Made quite a few after that run in various colours, but never really took off. Shame as they are nice bits of kit..

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1431197571' post='2768775']
1995 ....Volume 1, Issue 11 - Andrew Levy.

(they don't make the magazines like they used to).
[/quote]

I remember that one... I was 13 and just started gigging in my first band in 1995.

I remember looking through the pages of bassist magazine wondering how I would ever afford anything I lusted after...

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1431197571' post='2768775']
1995 ....Volume 1, Issue 11 - Andrew Levy.

(they don't make the magazines like they used to).
[/quote]

I've still got a well thumbed copy of that issue. There's a fantastic full transcription of Norman Watt-Roy's Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick bassline in it :)

Edited by miles'tone