Why become a member? ×

Mr. Foxen's room clearance

Mr. Foxen

Moving in with another gearhead bassist has meant I have accumulated lots of new stuff, old stuff must go, all prices need post on top:
BBE Crusher, not used much, can see the boasts in the pic. Not good for bass it would seem. £25.

Boss bass overdrive. Don't like the sound of it, eq and blend give lots of options, I prefer my other pedals. Used by plenty of people very happily, just not my sound. £30

4 way footswitch. Not really sure why I own this. Metal encolsure, 4 three pole switches, two stereo jack type plugs. £15

Dunlop wah pedal, being replaced by a bass one. After a checking, seems to have a crackle in the 'Shaft' end of the sweep, I've given it a wiggle and moved the pot so its slightly bassier and works fine there. £32

Peavey bass cab, taken it apart and realised its had a replacement speaker, 8 ohm, so £50.

Aria Pro 2 30w practice amp. Modified so with a bit of jiggery pokery you can run an external speaker off it instead, suddenly its a whole lot louder. £20.

OHM GA140 bass (?) head. 70s or early 80s solid state head, guessing bass as it has a compressor rather than 'distortion'. Goes down to 4ohm, guess its 140w from the name but not sure. Light and easy to carry. £65

Pioneer hi-fi stereo eq. £5

Boss ME50B multi effects. Obselete due to owning all the effects I use. Damn convenient though, not desperate to sell it. £100

[quote name='fifeq' post='268622' date='Aug 23 2008, 10:04 PM']how the crusher works with bass?[/quote]

Not great in itself, loses a lot of the bass (bearing in mind I'm a lot about the lows, tuning down to A), and fizzy into a solid state amp, drives a valve amp nicely, guitarist useed it, and I used it with the crossover toput my highs through a guitar rig, but it loses out to my DHA pedal as you'd kind of expect.

[quote name='MB1' post='268854' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:08 PM']MB1. :)
The OHM GA is a Guitar Amp!..... me thinks![/quote]

Bit more info on the combo version in this thread:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13166&hl=ga140"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=13166&hl=ga140[/url]