Why become a member? ×

Badass alternatives?

markytbass

[quote name='markytbass' post='267373' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:17 PM']I am going to get a new bridge to replace the bit of wonky tin on my jazz bass. I'll probably end up getting a BadassII but what other alternatives are there out there for less cash? Anyone used any other bridge that has a similar spec?

Cheers[/quote]
I put a gold Gotoh 201 bridge on my Fender Urge Bass and I reckon its as good if not better than the Badass ( I put one on my Old Jazz Bass a while ago )

Pics here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25396"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25396[/url]

Also my Landing L1 Bass has a Hipshot bridge and that is Excellent too.

Will

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='267397' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:44 PM']Depends on wether you are happy to drill new holes. A quick trawl round a few guitar parts websites should tell you what is a direct replacement and what needs new holes. I know the Hipshot does not fit the fender 5 holes.[/quote]

Not so my freind , Hippy do a drop on replacment if you dont fancy plugging and re drilling..... check thier webby.... :)

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='267397' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:44 PM']Depends on wether you are happy to drill new holes. A quick trawl round a few guitar parts websites should tell you what is a direct replacement and what needs new holes. I know the Hipshot does not fit the fender 5 holes.[/quote]

[quote name='The Burpster' post='267402' date='Aug 21 2008, 09:49 PM']Not so my freind , Hippy do a drop on replacment if you dont fancy plugging and re drilling..... check thier webby.... :)[/quote]
I stand corrected.