Why become a member? ×

EBMM Musicman Stingray 5 - Rare Colour/Finish *TRADED*
£925

Higgie

Here we have a 2001 Musicman Stingray 5 String bass. It's in what I believe to be a rare finish (I haven't seen another one anyway!) called Silver Sparkle.

It's in good condition with only a few knocks (top of the headstock, as most basses tend to have nowadays, and one small nick through the finish on the lower edge of the body) but what would you expect from a 14 year old bass that's been gigged! It's been all over the world with me, and never let me down once, in fact, the only reason I'm selling is I need some cash.

It has a maple neck/fretboard, 3 band EQ, and also comes with 2 scratchplates - Black Pearl and Silver Paisley. It needs some new strings and there are 2 pickguard screws missing (I have them somewhere, the Paisley pickguard has 2 holes that just don't quite line up, and I didn't want to drill new holes, so just removed the screws. Worked a treat! The Black Pearl guard fits perfectly) but other than that, it's in perfect working order.

I can take more pictures if needed!

£925 includes the original EBMM Hardcase. Would be willing to do a deal without the case, as I have another 2nd hand Stingray that's living in a gig bag! Cash is king, but would be willing to listen to part ex deals on anything, with cash coming my way. Run it past me, worst I can say is no!

Bass is located in Chingford, NE London. [s]S[/s][s]hipping can be arranged at buyer's expense[/s] Shipping now included in the price! Meeting within reasonable distance is also an option, lets discuss via PM.

Cheers

James

Edited by Higgie

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1429694793' post='2753946']
I really like the look of that and you're not too far from me either. I wouldn't be bothered about the paisley plate, but I would want the screws with the original and some more detail/photos of any wear and tear. Original owner? Fret wear? Action? Truss rod movement?

Mark me as interested pending the above :-)
[/quote]

I can take some more photos for you today. I'm not the original owner, I got her in a trade on here about 5 years ago. Frets are in great condition, plenty of life left in them. Action is perfect, can get a nice low action no problem! Truss rod is perfect too, has the wheel at the end of the neck for easy adjustments!

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1429703775' post='2754085']
I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I think we've found a bass that looks good with a black pearl scratchplate!
[/quote]

Haha very kind of you to say so! I think the black pearl looks ace on it too. I only bought the silver paisley guard because the bass was already an outrageous colour, why not just make it absolutely ridiculous! Haha.

Edited by Higgie