Why become a member? ×

CAB suggestions to Compliment GENZ BENZ shuttle 6

DanH71

Hi,

Just getting back into playing after too many years away and have just purchased a GENZ BENZ Shuttle 6 on eBay for £255, to amplify
My also recently purchased Fender Squier (don't mock me) Vintage Modified Jazz Bass. It sounds pretty good unamplified I must say and will do me until I can justify buying American!

So, I'm looking at a single Cab that can handle a 4ohm load of 600W and will do the GB justice. I play finger style on Jazz,Funk,Blues & Zappa also:) Ideally something lightweight and am open to 210/212/115 configs. I may be wrong here but from some of the things I've read the GB gear is pretty bright/hifi like so I'm guessing I need a cab to counterbalance this trait?

I know lightweight and new comes at a hefty price so am focused on the secondhand market for older cabs or perhaps less fashionable ones. Whatever can give me as much bang for as little bucks as possible really.

Heard many names on the threads I've read so far but am unsure as to whether they are a good match to my head or are even 2nd hand within my price range (circa £200-300), so would be interested in what other GB Shuttle 6 users have found through their experience.

Thanks
D

No one is going to mock you for having a Squier, they are generally well regarded around these parts.

I've used a Shuttle 6 for the last few years with a pair of Mark Bass 2 x 10"s. Powerful, versatile (in that one cab is enough for rehearsals) and lightweight. :)

Thanks Gary.

Yeh, would mainly be rehearsals at first but will need it to carry over to small/med gigs too ideally.

As for the Squier, I did do my research on it knowing I couldn't justify going straight back to hig-end basses and heard a lot of good things too.

After a quick ebay search Bergantino HD looks a little bit out of my bracket.

GB Neox 212 sounds amazing but not getting much in terms of search results for 2nd hand gear. Guess it would be a matter of waiting and watching.

Edited by DanH71

Epifani UL212 or Tecamp M212s?

I guess it's a matter of hearing the two together but when your looking at 2nd hand gear it's not that easy to test.

The Epifanis also have a lot to offer so I may keep an ear out for those.

Any other suggestions welcome based on previous experiences.