Why become a member? ×

New amp please

Bobzilla

I'm looking for something light weight (but compared to 25kg of Trace RAH600SMX!!). I don't need huge amounts of power - I have my Trace head for that if I ever need it again (can't bear to part with it though). I don't want to spend an absolute packet, but I don't see the point of spending buttons for crap. Quite happy with clean rather than a dirty rock sound.

In short, I want something that isn't going to break the bank or my back, but is worth the money I spend.

One thought is a Mark Bass Blackline 250, but am wondering whether that falls into the 'buttons for crap' bucket.

Have to say, I like my Trace head, and if it wasn't 25Kg, I probably wouldn't be bothering to replace it.

Edited by Bobzilla

I picked up a mark bass blackline 250 for a steal second hand, I think it's great especially for the price. It Sounds good to me and there hasn't been any reliability issues. I use mine for home practice or for when my genz shuttlemax 12.2 is a bit over kill for a gig.

You get far more for your money second-hand, so have a look [url="http://basschat.co.uk/forum/20-amps-and-cabs-for-sale/"]here[/url]. When you see something that takes your fancy, look up the spec online and/or see if there are any YouTube vids. Then get haggling!

[quote name='Bobzilla' timestamp='1428155129' post='2738582']
Picked me up a LM2 over the weekend for very reasonable money, so now sorted thanks. :)
[/quote]

Nice one, very nice amps those, am sure you`ll be more than happy with it.