Why become a member? ×

TC BH550 and the new K series cabs

dmdavies

Little advice needed. Yesterday I tried a new BH550 and one of the new K-212 cabs. It sounded precisely how I've always wanted to sound. Before I take the plunge, does anyone have anything to say about the amp? I've heard the whole 'it's not 550 watts' thing, but I'm not too bothered about that, it is more to do with the reliability and so on.

I've just returned my BG250 to GAK after being met by a stoney silence when I switched it on. That was after ~5 weeks of bedroom use and one rehearsal.

Actually, that was my second one - the first one was trashed by ParcelFarce but that wasn't the amps fault.

I use 3 TC heads, a Blacksmith, RH750 and a BH250 and use them daily for a few hours at a time. The BH probably gets used most frequently and it gets shoved in and out of my gig bag multiple times a day for rehearsals and is yet to let me down (having bought it at Christmas). None of these heads have yet let me down and I'm very confident in TC's gear, particularly having come from Mesa amps which were horrifically unreliable for me. Construction is also very solid on all 3 of my heads, no rattles and solid throughout.

The BH sometimes comes up as underpowered in bigger rooms with a Barefaced Midget, but that's running at 8 ohms and 165w. Having played through the BH550 I'm pretty sure power won't be an issue and I too was very impressed with them. They're also truly rated I believe unlike the RH and Blacksmith, not that the whole TC power rating discussion ever bothered me having experienced the quality and volume of the BS and RH. Construction is also very solid on all 3 of my heads, no rattles and solid throughout.

Buy with confidence!