Why become a member? ×

Ashdown MiBass 2.0

dieseldalziel

• 2 months later...

No the marketing dept doubled the RMS (average) output power. The mibass uses an Anaview power module rated at 320W. From more that is at 1% distortion.

At 10% it will output aprox 420 watts. Of course those figure are at 4 ohms do you cAn halve them for 8 ohms,

However how loud is sounds depends on the bass, preamp design and speakers.

Edited by Chienmortbb

I have one of these; picked it up as a B-Stock model last week (just a few light scuffs on the outside as it had been used for demo purposes). So far I've been really impressed with it. The sound is nice and the eq, while simple, is effective and easy to dial in a nice tone. As to the volume, I tried it today along with a drummer and guitarist and it stood up fine. It's not going to fill a massive venue any time soon, but it can hold its own in a rehearsal/small gig situation.

For me, the really nice thing about this head was that it has an Aux in with a dedicated level control and a phones socket making it a great practice amp for my flat while still being able to work for jams/gigs too. For the price I could not find another amp that offered the same flexibility. Its also worth mentioning that its very light (easy to carry in one hand) and built like a tank.