Why become a member? ×

Ashdown DP200H

Pow_22

[size=5][color=#000000][font=Calibri]I’ve got a new bass amp potentially incoming this week for a week’s trial pending purchase & there is ZERO info from anyone who has played one online.[/font][/color]

[font=Calibri][color=#000000]The beast in question is the Ashdown DP200H Head which will be replacing my SVT. I LOVE the SVT but I just don’t get to crank 300 valve watts to the sweet spot so want something slightly less powerful but still all valve. I’ve had several Ashdowns before and always liked the tone (the big bug bare was always that they just seem quiet compared to their ratings – maybe due to the vintage style voicing?).[/color][/font]

[color=#000000][font=Calibri]Anyway, there is really not much info around on the DP200 other than they brought out a B15 style flip-top combo featuring the head (flipping a 200w valve amp! – Ouch!). Do any of the Ashdown users/endorsers here have any experience with this amp at all? [/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Calibri][size=5]I’ll be looking to use it mainly with a flats loaded P or flats loaded Thunderbird through an Ashdown 4x10 4ohm sealed cab. Type of music is indie, mellow rock with the occasional punky effort thrown in. Playing small/medium size venues with no PA support, don’t mind a bit of valve breakup but don’t want to be getting full on distortion just trying to be heard[/size].[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Pow_22

It has pretty much staple Ashdown tube sound, which is great but it doesn't have that dirty mids I love in my SVP preamp. The power is there, the look is amazing, craftsmanship is outstanding. There is one sitting in a local shop... A lovely one but I had to go with Bastard (weight and price). Buy it, you won't regret it

Edited by mazdah