Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn.... JV Squier Precision 57 reissue. White/maple.
£795

itsmedunc

Withdrawn. Thanks to everybody for the interest shown but I've decided to keep her. I know I'll regret it if she leaves...

Not 100% about selling this bass at all.

Its an absolute pleasure to play and sounds fantastic. It's by far the best bass I've ever owned but the condition is that good, I'm scared of gigging with it! It's a testimony to it's previous owners. I'd much rather have a workhorse and sell this on to someone who is a lot more careful! I'll have to have another scour but I can only find one tiny tiny ding. Correction - I have found another tiny tiny ding.

It's all original apart from the scratchplate which had already been replaced when I bought it. It had a white w/b/w one on (made by the Bass Doc) and I've since fitted a genuine black Fender guard. All the holes lined up apart from one but is only slightly off. Both will be included. I'm not sure of the weight but its not heavy and ideal for long sets.

Would be interested in trades for another P (USA Jap), medium scale (would be ideal but not necessary) plus cash adjustment. I also may be interested in a Mexican Classic Series in red with maple neck.

[size=4][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I have no hard case but can pack securely. I have to point out that I cannot send it insured if its not sent in a hard case and so, do not want to be held responsible for any damage in transit. I would prefer you to arrange your own courier if its sent with no case.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It can be collected from Blackburn Lancs (preferred), could possibly meet up (depending on distance) or you could send me your case and I will send it back to you in that. Cost fully insured would be £21.90 or you could arrange your own.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'll get some better photos up tomorrow...[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by itsmedunc

Hello mate.

You obviously love this bass (it certainly is a beauty!!) so why not get out there and gig it?

Scratches/dings/chips; it's all part of the journey. Life is short my friend, you may not find another bass you like to play as much as this. Get out there and play it and love playing it. It's what it's meant to do, to be played. Superficial damage is unavoidable but it doesn't really matter; at least it will still sound amazing :-)

Sorry, I'll shut up now :-) If I had the spare cash, I'd buy it off you and gig it myself.

Anyway, good luck whatever happens. Lovely bass! ;-)

[quote name='Bobby K' timestamp='1424905844' post='2701898']
Hello mate.

You obviously love this bass (it certainly is a beauty!!) so why not get out there and gig it?

Scratches/dings/chips; it's all part of the journey. Life is short my friend, you may not find another bass you like to play as much as this. Get out there and play it and love playing it. It's what it's meant to do, to be played. Superficial damage is unavoidable but it doesn't really matter; at least it will still sound amazing :-)

Sorry, I'll shut up now :-) If I had the spare cash, I'd buy it off you and gig it myself.

Anyway, good luck whatever happens. Lovely bass! ;-)
[/quote]

You are right! I totally agree! I've never been like this with any other bass, even a 73 Jazz I had.

It's not so much me who isn't careful with it, it's the rhythm guitarist! Lovely bloke but he is the clumsiest man ever. He once poured a cup of coffee into a flask cup (with a rounded bottom) and it tipped up and spilled into the controls of my amp! Then he accidentally snapped the controls off! He's always bumping into everyone with the headstock of his guitar as he's a leftie. He makes me paranoid! Perhaps he should be banished to right of stage where he cant do any damage :)

I'm very dubious about parting with the JV and so probably I shouldn't do it until I was sure.. You may well have swayed me to keep her!

That BB2000 I've got is my dream bass. Wanted one for ages and finally got one a couple of years back. 30 years old so plenty of dings but sounds fantastic and is certainly the best bass I've had.

I suppose if it had been pristine, I'd probably feel as protective as you do. But once you get a little wear you start to worry less and enjoy an instrument more I think. The first cut is the deepest and all that..

It's bizarre to me that you can pay a premium amount for Fender Custom Shop instruments that have been somewhat artificially aged and "roadworn," but hey ho.

So if you do end up keeping it, enjoy and keep it away from that clumsy guy in the band :-)