Why become a member? ×

Dimavery MM-505

Rumple

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1426770889' post='2721737']
How much are we talking ... Could you not go at it with a woodfile and sandpaper?
[/quote]

Probably 20mm or thereabouts due the the extra fret on MM necks and the fact the 505 uses a slightly extended fretboard. if it were a small amount I'd have a go with a Dremel.

Raising this from the 2nd page just to add a bit more info on the electronics.

Yesterday i had on my workbench a OLP bass for a setup and intonation. It was 5 string, passive with 3 knobs. When i tried it i found that the first 2 knobs were in fact volume knobs for each coil of the pickup and the last knob was tone. Haven't opened it to look at the electrics because it wasn't mine and the owner wasn't there.

You should see if that's the case with your Dimavery, best way to find out is to touch the pole pieces with a metalic bit and you'll hear the "pop" if that coil is open.
Maybe that cap on your second pot could be related to crosstalk or phase issues between the two coils....

Thanks for the info Ghost Bass.

My OLP is as you say, 2 volumes and one tone but the Dimavery has one volume and two tones, two of the pick-up wires go to the 1st pot and the other two are just twisted together, I assume this means the coail are in Series?