Why become a member? ×

Fender Marcus Miller mexico basses

blamelouis

If you like seventies style Fenders, but with the addition of a 'reasonable' pre-amp - then yes they are decent basses.

I've not played one of the newer MIM versions, but the previous CIJ model was very good. They can be heavy.

Maybe have a look at one of the new Sire Marcus Miller basses? Much cheaper... [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252854-new-cheap-marcus-miller-endorsed-range-of-basses-sire/page__hl__sire"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/252854-new-cheap-marcus-miller-endorsed-range-of-basses-sire/page__hl__sire[/url]

[quote name='blamelouis' timestamp='1424694959' post='2699167']
I have the Squeir vintage modified Jazz and was wondering if the difference was that great.
[/quote]

On paper there [b][i]should[/i][/b] be a noticeable difference.... but in reality some Squiers are better than some Fenders. Judge the individual basses (by playing them) rather than by the range they come from.

Just another consequence of Fender's confusing product range and inconsistent QC! :rolleyes:

Edited by Conan

[quote name='pierreganseman' timestamp='1424695761' post='2699182']
in my opinion no. Squire VM do sound awesome for the price and more than do a fine job.

Of course it is just and only me.
[/quote]

I'd agree, I have one of the first run of 4 strings, and one of the newer 5 strings and they are fantastic basses. The 5 is my main gigging bass for functions, blues, rock, etc. Absolutely love them :-)

Some pictures would be great.. :D I love the look of the MM Jazz..

I had a Japanese Marcus Miller Jazz and sadly never really got on with it. I was hoping it would magically do 'that sound' but found it too scooped and lacking low mids which wouldn't punch through a group mix live. Shame as it played awesome and looked lovely but I traded it for an American Jazz..

Fast forward ten years and I have the Squier VM which when played through the V4, the NE-1 and those lovely little SWR cabinets, it sounds just like I hoped the MM Jazz would.

It's funny how we go down certain paths in an attempt to achieve one thing and it doesn't quite work out so we change direction (tonally, stylistically, or whatever) and wind up closer to the thing we started out trying to get to in the first place..

Hope you're happy with your new bass. :lol: