Why become a member? ×

recommend me a bass pleeze!

Golchen

Hi all,

I like my 5 string headless status a lot, but I quite fancy getting another bass (5 string again!) - something that looks a bit more 'Rock n Roll', eg headed and a bit more traditional looking.

I was thinking of a Fender precision or G&L, maybe up to £600-800 2nd hand (Maximum - doesn't have to be that much!)

Anything else out there I should consider?

[quote name='Golchen' post='262444' date='Aug 14 2008, 02:21 PM']Hi all,

I like my 5 string headless status a lot, but I quite fancy getting another bass (5 string again!) - something that looks a bit more 'Rock n Roll', eg headed and a bit more traditional looking.

I was thinking of a Fender precision or G&L, maybe up to £600-800 2nd hand (Maximum - doesn't have to be that much!)

Anything else out there I should consider?[/quote]

Ibanez ATK. I've got a Stingray and an ATK, put it this way... the Stingray stays in it's case.

This is the bargain of the century (well apart from that Ric). If I wasn't a lefty, this would be mine by now.

These cost £600 odd new.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25455"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=25455[/url]

D.

good sized budget for a bass.

I would say:

Lakland: Joe Osbourne, or the 55 models, played them all, great great basses.

Warwick: the market does not seem to healthy at the moment so there are some serious bargains to be had.

G&L: I nearly bought one not long ago, seriously seriously great basses (if only they made an asat 5)

Fender: Roscoe Beck V (awesome bass I have one, but might be a long shot), maybe one of the old precision deluxe 5's secondhand, they were awesome. I think some of the new fives and mexicans are a little squiffy on the low B.

MusicMan: Stingray and stirling both brilliant and one of the best low B's out there on non 35" scale.

Personally If I had the cash for another five I would go Used Lakland or G&L, great Rock basses. Stingrays are great but I like flexibility in sound.

Good Luck.