Why become a member? ×

One of the perils

GreeneKing

of moving to a new area by yourself can be having no real social life and time off i.e. school holidays can be challenging. I can go days without speaking to anyone up here. Living out 'in the sticks' doensn't help either :)

I've had a bass sort out as I can have up to 8 basses out at any one time. I'm sticking with 4 stringers at the mo so when Alan gets my 4 built an ACG will be out kinda permanantly.

So here they are, none standard except for the Thumb.

Ric is user friendly with a Hipshot bridge and a pickguardian pickup surround.

Fleabass has a Badass II and an ACG pre-amp

Warmoth is Darkstar's and ACG'd also.

Oh and I've done a count, 19 with one being built by Alan.

Peter

Very nice Peter - the Darkstar in the P looks nice, that's a new addition isn't it?

How do you get your bikes to stay like that? Is there some kind of device? I have three racers in my garage and always interested in funky bike racks etc...

ped

The bike rack is a Minoura double rack very handy if like me you have no garage.

The Warmoth was originally a P bass that I ordered and 'assembled'. Alan (ACG) kindly routed it for me so I could pop in the Darkstar that came from OBBM's Duck Dunn, in which he fitted a P!

It sounds completely 'old school' and is great for that tone. In fact it sounds completely Dark Star!

:)

Peter

I remember seeing it at the NW bash when it had a standard P pickup (IIRC) - quite an attractive piece of wood, and the neck too.

I understand what you mean about the holidays. Luckily I have quite a bit of freelance work to keep me busy during the hols (all my friends are at work and there are only so many magazines to read in WHsmiths)

If you ever get really bored feel free to come down to Oxford for a spot of punting with ped ;0)