Why become a member? ×

Sold

ben604

I'm completely skint so need to find some money somewhere so, I'm considering trading this down to something a little cheaper for the time being and buying a black on maple in the future.

Here's a picture of the thing:

It's a 2004 Standard Precision with the S1 Switch(!) in candy cola with a Maple neck and black scratch plate. It's in excellent condition but has some very minor marks on the rear which I'll photo if there's some serious interest, but they're hard to see unless you're looking for them, no dings at all. The neck and headstock are clean also!

Steve Soar of this very forum has seen the bass and seems to like it although he suggests the nut might need replacing depending on the guage of strings you use as the grooves are fairly deep.

To me, it plays great, nice low action, and sounds great too.

I'm probably just looking for something Black on Maple but I'm happy to look at anything offered. I'll only let this go if I really like what's being offered, otherwise I'll just suffer this month out with no cash!

Bit of confusion with the asking price so I'm after a trade plus cash, depending on what's offered or a straight cash price of say £450 to start us off.

Cheers,
Ben.

Edited by ben604

Thanks Mike, I would have well taken your Peavey in exchange too, nice looking bass..! If you come into some monies, give me a shout!

In fact, if anyone wanted to make me a decent cash offer, I'd probably buy that off you outright. Are you still selling it?

Edited by ben604

I will do mate! It's not too likely this month though, and i've been with the missus a year next month, so I can't imagine I'll have much spare cash once that's dealt with :) That P is gorgeous though, so if I suddenly find a pile of cash somewhere I'll let you know!

[quote name='ben604' post='262316' date='Aug 14 2008, 12:07 PM']I'm completely skint so need to find some money somewhere so, I'm considering trading this down to something a little cheaper for the time being and buying a black on maple in the future.

Here's a picture of the thing:

It's a 2004 Standard Precision with the S1 Switch(!) in candy cola with a Maple neck and black scratch plate. It's in excellent condition but has some very minor marks on the rear which I'll photo if there's some serious interest, but they're hard to see unless you're looking for them, no dings at all. The neck and headstock are clean also!

Steve Soar of this very forum has seen the bass and seems to like it although he suggests the nut might need replacing depending on the guage of strings you use as the grooves are fairly deep.

To me, it plays great, nice low action, and sounds great too.

I'm probably just looking for something Black on Maple but I'm happy to look at anything offered. I'll only let this go if I really like what's being offered, otherwise I'll just suffer this month out with no cash!

So, what you've got + £200-250 would be the asking price.

Cheers,
Ben.[/quote]Steve Soar of this parish, really likes this bass, it's a good weight, has tons of bottom end, a great neck and it is in great nick.
It also has a set of DR Hi Beams on it that are only a few hours old :huh: and with a new nut, or just shimming the old one and re-cutting it would be a brilliant Precision.
I was totally jealous when I saw it but I didn't tell him. :)

Fancy a swap for this? .. not me the bass .. Its a beauty of a US 97 Jazz with D tuner and now with a tort scratchplate! Doesn't get a look in since I got my Marcus Jazz and I still have a hard on for a P again. Ignore me if you like a have a BUMP. It looks like a great bass.

Edited by Mr Fudge

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='264301' date='Aug 18 2008, 01:35 AM']Fancy a swap for this? .. not me the bass .. Its a beauty of a US 97 Jazz with D tuner and now with a tort scratchplate! Doesn't get a look in since I got my Marcus Jazz and I still have a hard on for a P again. Ignore me if you like a have a BUMP. It looks like a great bass.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I need some cash to be honest and I'm not so keen on Jazzes or tort!

Cheers,
Ben.