Why become a member? ×

Flying with your bass?

lefrash

Just got a few Q's how the rest of you all do this.

I'm playing in the USA in March, my original plan was to just take bass as hand luggage, but my mate put me off this idea (rightly or wrongly I dont know). we then looked at just hiring as bass over there, then we talked to a band who have been over a few times and the bass played just put it in a flight case and 'wrapped' it along with the other bits of hardware. I see this as getting a pallet, putting the stuff on, and wrapping it with industrial shrink wrap.

Just wondering, how and what you all do?

I think you will be hard pressed to find an airline that will let you take a bass as hand luggage. Be prepared to carry it to the gate and have it put in the hold. If the flight is empty/crew are feeling kind - they might put it in the cabin.

Why not buy a bass out there (and save some £), and bring it back with you?

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1424508285' post='2696995']
There's a pinned thread in General Discussion with advice from some seasoned travellers.
[/quote]

You know, I knew there was a topic about it, just couldnt find it! And there it is, right at the top! Cheers. I've had a good look through it.