Why become a member? ×

Custom case

ped

Hi dudez

I am very solid on my setup now to the point where I would quite like to tidy it away in a single box.

The units are a Line6 Bass Pod XT pro (2u rackmount, quite shallow) and a Roland Vbass (2cm wider than the ears on a rack unit). Both are seldom adjusted during normal play (the Vbass can be adjusted from the bass itself) so I wondered:

I would ideally like to have a basic rack box made with the extra width needed to house the Vbass pedalboard sitting above the pod. The ends of the rack would need to be removable for cabling etc and I toyed also with the idea of the vbass being mounted on a sliding shelf or maybe even the box having a hinged lid so I could access it if needed.

I think I could have a crack at this myself but it could all go horribly wrong. I wondered if anyone knew of anything I could modify, or an alternative solution to my idea?

Cheers
ped

P.s here are the units:

[url="http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/V-Bass/specs.html"]http://www.roland.com/PRODUCTS/EN/V-Bass/specs.html[/url]

And the pod XT pro is just a 2u so nothing unusual.

Sounds like you want a custom mixer rack box, where the top comes off as well as the back and front The V-Bass sits on a shelf on the top and the Pod in a rack mounting below it. I'm guessing 5-6U high depending on the profile of the V-Bass unit. It would just need to be wider to accommodate the V-Bass and then the rack mountings in the lower part brought in the be 19" again. You probably wouldn't even need to have a blank U in this part as there would be extra air circulation around the sides.